Total Pageviews

Sunday, January 24, 2016

Hey look a blog

Hello friends, or anyone that still remembers me or new peeps. Hellurrrr!

I've been on a forfuckingever hiatus from this blog and a real dedicated writing routine for some time. As I've said in the past, life is very good at getting in the way and, though I've never quit writing, I had little time to actively engage and build my platform here at Dreams of Alchemy.

Since I last posted, I did graduate from college with a BFA in Creative Writing. Yay me! I've also become a high school teacher. Dear God, I'm molding the minds of the future. Let's say the damage is mitigated by that fact that I live in the asshole of the universe and, as of yet, no one from this town as ever gone on to infect the world with our special brand of redneck douchebaggery.

So, let me run down some of the projects I'm working on, which is another way of saying, "This is all the wonderful shit I haven't finished and may never fucking finish... goddamnit. I suck. But it's still cool shit just the same."

Speculative fiction
  • I've written the first half of supernatural horror novel  set in 16th century Ireland following the British Civil War and later occupation of Ireland. Did I mention it was historical? Oh, wait, I'll just make is a fictional world and loosely base it on all that shit but the, oh look there's a fucking butterfly. Okay, the deal with this story is, I DON'T FUCKING KNOW! I have great ideas and the writing just flows. I love my protagonist. I love everything about the setting, but it just dies in the middle. I've dissected it over and over. I know there is a problem with the protagonist's motivation and that's why I have written that first half 4 times. Yes, that's 2 novels worth of writing just sitting there with no value or worth.
  • A military scifi meets manga styled novel about a young genetically engineered teen who is part of a program to develop the breaker pilots of the future, breakers being my name for the mecha style robots that dominate the future of warfare. During an attempt to upload a special kind of A.I. into a girl that is at the head of the class, the school is attacked and the girl is killed, but the A.I. which has been developed to attune to her personality and abilities, seeks out the only other person jacked in to the system at the time, which is our protagonist. He becomes something of a super soldier with the addition of this A.I., Which would be great except it has the personality of a 15 year old girl and has access to his every thought. Drama and hilarity must follow.
  • Dark Fantasy based loosely on the Crusades period from our world. A young cleric discovers that instead of becoming the healer he has trained most of his life to be, he is the reincarnation of a death knight that nearly conquered the world 300 years ago in what is known as the Black Crusade. This book has legs and is about 40% through the 1st draft. I'm working on this when I have time but I have to admit I've been side tracked yet again by the next subject/bullet down.
Erotica

  • High Fantasy/Erotic Romance  This is a story that I just woke up one day consumed by. I don't know how long it will be or how much of it I will complete and when. I'm still stuck on the Dark Crusader Fantasy above, but this story won't let me be. I've never been so driven to write something and I know that is probably what I'd say about any active WIP. I won't try to explain it or if you'd even care if I did.
For those that don't know, this is my erotica pen name though I'm always writing in the Speculative Fiction arena. And I don't won't my main stream pen name and my erotica pen name to cross over because of that whole high school teacher thing. Make sense? I'm glad you're going along with me on this.

So, here is what I want to do and I'm still not totally set on how to do it. I want to create a space for short prose and poetry of the erotic kind. I have this blog, which has gotten quite dusty, or I could create a new one. I just don't know how often I'll update but I would like to reengage with the erotica community. I know we're a bunch of horny fucks, but I have to say, I've never found a more open and inviting community of writers than with erotica writers. Not just warm and loving but the kind of smart that's really sexy and the kind of smart that's fun and funny. I forgot how much I loved this community so I'll be very happy to meet more of you and hopefully reconnect with some old friends.

-Cas

Listening to: The Pretender by The Foo Fighters


Next up: who the fuck knows. I'm still fingering, I mean figuring this stuff out right now. Stay tuned?

No comments:

Post a Comment